In build up to the World Games, Special Olympics Europe/Eurasia will host a series of six free online lectures given by experts in the topic of Special Olympics. All lectures will be offered with interpretation (English >> Easy Language (German) & speech-to-text-interpreting (English >> Easy English)).
The schedule is as follows (all times in CEST)
- 2nd May – Overcoming the challenges of conducting research in intellectual disabilities – Prof Roy McConkey
- 9th May – Using Science to Build an Evidence-Based PATH to Special Olympics Health Programming – Andrew Lincoln, ScD, MS, ,Ashlyn Smith, PhD, Alicia Dixon-Ibarra, PhD, MPH, John Hanley, PhD, Justin Hunsinger
- 16th May – The legacies of hosting major sport events and social entrepreneurship – Prof David Legg, PhD, Team ELDA, Dr. Daniela Schwarz, M.Sc. Elke Langbein
- 23rd May – Encouraging the Social Inclusion of Youth with Intellectual Disabilities through Sports – Mphil Melika Ahmetovic, André Gomes, PhD, Prof Dr Reinhard Markowetz Hayley Kavanagh, PhD
- 31st May – Evaluation of the Special Olympics Ireland Young Athletes Programme – Hayley Kavanagh, PhD
- 7th June – Social inclusion and health of people with intellectual disabilities in the context of Special Olympics – Dr Piritta Asunta, Dr Kwok Ng
Special Olympics are looking forward to many faces and interesting topics from research.
Via the following link, you can register once to access all lectures: