ParaCoach is an Erasmus Plus funded project aimed at enhancing the learning, mobility and employment of para coaches across the EU, through the development of a Para-Disability European Sport Coaching Framework.
We also have a number of partner organisations: the International Council for Coaching Excellence (ICCE); European Paralympic Committee (EPC); Dutch Olympic Committee*Dutch Sports Federation (NOC*NSF); Institute of Sport Poland (ISP); Hungarian Paralympic Committee (HPC).
There are a number of outputs from the project:
- ParaCoach Work Force Audit – profiling the coach, athlete and contextual requirements (https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5c5cb7542b0f592f0f82db34/5eb2a966b5e596914b2acade_ParaCoach%20Audit%20and%20Best%20Practice%20Report%20-%20FINAL.pdf)
- Best Practice Case Studies – exploring coaches’ experiences and perceptions of ‘best practice’ (https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5c5cb7542b0f592f0f82db34/5eb2a966b5e596914b2acade_ParaCoach%20Audit%20and%20Best%20Practice%20Report%20-%20FINAL.pdf)
- European ParaCoach Framework – a set of working guidelines around key subjects required to support coach education and development
- Free Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – a web-based resource to support coaches’ learning, professional development and employability
ParaCoach website – a central online base where coaches, coach developers and agencies can share and access best practice (https://www.paracoach.eu/) twitter@para_coaching
Coaches and athletes are invited to use their voice to share their stories to answer some of the following topics
- General introduction – what is your name, sport, current level
- A little bit of back ground – sporting experiences (throughout life)
- 3 – 5 highlights from your experiences with coaches (e.g. developed a great relationship)
- What have you learnt from your coach/es?
- Recommendations/advice for coaches (new and established) from the perspective of an athlete
- Advice – what advice would you give to aspiring para athletes (new and established)
- General introduction – name, coaching position and how long you have held this position?
- A little bit of background – how did you get into coaching?
- Highlights – Can you provide 3 – 5 highlights of coaching (your sport/s) and what you have learnt from each of these highlights
- Considerations you have when coaching Para athletes
- Recommendations – From your experience what recommendations/advice would you give to coaches (both new and established)
Link for coaches to complete: https://ljmu.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/erasmus-plus-paracoach
Further ways you/your coaches can support the project:
- Simply promote the project through your networks and on social media
- Identify best practice case studies relating to para coaching practice and coach development
- Signpost us to para sport-specific agencies, policies, educational frameworks, workshops and conferences, coaching practices, sport science knowledge, blogs, vlogs or videos that show best practice in the para sport context